SEYED MOHSEN MOUSAVI SIRAT
A Brief of His Background
The designing and wearing manager of Mousavi Carpet Gallery established in 1960 under the supervision of seyed Aabolhassan Mousavi Sirat “ I was educated by my father , a very famous master in designing , dying and weaving , after had been graduated in painting and handicrafts. I have created many works such as
“ The last day of Pompeii”
“ Louis the Sixteenth’s wedding “
“ 1001 nights ”
“ The last dinner of Jesus Christi "
We purchased two carpet designing systems from C.S.S company in Demotex Fair- Hanover and I operated computer in carpet designing for the first time in Iran and have , ever since prepared machine – woven carpets and at the same time have prepared a collection of 27 carpets on the stories of Shahnameh ( the Letter of Kings ) of Firdausi. It was the first example of a carpet designed hased on a book. It is currently kept in Iranian Carpet Museum.
Iranian Carpet Museum
I have also prepared the portraits of secretary generals of the U.N NEW YORK currently kept in that organization.
U.N NEW YORK
Many of which have been exhibited in the museums all over the world and many are kept by collectioners.
I have, since 1989, educated by Ayden Aghdashloo , on professional designing and painting and as a result I have had 30 individual and group exhibitions . I have participated in international biennials as well.
Education & Professional Training
- professional designing & painting course.
- professional course in traditional carpet designing (Hand and machine – Woven).
- Professional course of Textile computer designing (C.S.S).
- Professional course of Carpet computer designing (Booria).
- Professional course of dying and weaving and related techniques.
- Professional course of Jewelry 3D design with computer (Rhino & Matrix).
- Innovative design rugs for the blind for the first time in the world.
- Designing & preparation of traditional, modern and portrait carpets, designing of traditional, modern and portrait machine – woven carpets.
- Designing of machine woven carpets for carpet weaving and service companies; Design management in Mousavi Carpet Designing Gallery.
- Managing director and Vice – Chairman of the cooperative Co. affiliated to Sirat Carpet Designing Gallery (Tehran)
- Managing director and vice chairman of sirat Baft Cooperative Company (Qum).
Professional Artistic Background
- Participation in 1st International Fair of Iranian carpet. 1991
- Participation in 2nd International Iranian Carpet Fair. 1992
- Participation in 3rd International Iranian Carpet Fair. 1993
- Participation in 4th International Iranian Carpet Fair. 1995
- Participation in International Carpet Fair, Toronto, Canada (under the title: The star of Iranian Carpet). 1997
- Participation of in International carpet fair, Qatar. 1994
- Participation in International carpet Fair, Lebanon. 1993
- Participation in International Carpet Fair, Hanover, Germany. 1994.
- Participation in International Carpet Fair, Hanover, Germany. 1995
- Participation in International Carpet Fair, Hanover, 1996.
- Participation in International Carpet Fair, Stuttgart, Germany. 1997
- Participation in international Carpet Fair in the U.A.E ( Dubai ).1995
- Participation in Asian & oceanic Carpet Fair (Tehran). 1997
- Participation in the specific fair of the Intentional Conference of the Heads of Islamic States (Tehran).
- Holding of about 30 individual and group exhibitions.
- Participation in International Carpet Fair in Iranian Carpet Museum. 2003
And / many other international fairs inside the country and abroad.